Large Board Books for Babies and Toddlers

 There are four wonderful children's board books that I recommend for gift giving. They are large board books that are called lap books.
1. I Took The Moon for A Walk
 

I Took the Moon for a Walk

Embark on a dreamy, nighttime jaunt with a young boy and the moon. Overcoming a fear of the dark and discovering the world at night lives at the heart of this poetic tale. Includes notes about the moon and plants and animals that thrive in the wee hours.
Ages 1 to 7 years
Written By: Carolyn Curtis
Illustrated By: Alison Jay
Price: $14.99

2. I Spy the Sun in the Sky


I Spy the Sun in the Sky

Set sail for a distant island with a young boy in search of a friend in this I-spy adventure. The rhyme and repetition encourage easy learning, and the surprise at the end will delight young readers.
Ages 1 to 4 years
Written By: Stella Blackstone
Illustrated By: Nicoletta Ceccoli
Price: $14.99

3. Listen, Listen
 

Listen, Listen

Listen to all the wonderful sounds of the seasons. Birds chirp, leaves crunch, fires crackle and seagulls squawk in the rhythmic verse that features iconic images and sounds for each season of the year. Includes end section with fun hide and seek spreads for each season.
Ages 1 to 7 years
Written By: Phillis Gershator
Illustrated By: Alison Jay
Price: $14.99 


4. You and Me


 

You and Me

Imagine yourself in a variety of situations along with the boy and girl in this simple rhyming text. As they play an imaginary game of opposites and contrasts, the children explore valleys and hills, light and dark, and hot and cold, but find that in the end, it's best when "You're you, and I'm me."
Ages 1 to 4 years
Written By: Stella Blackstone
Illustrated By: Giovanni Manna
Price: $14.99 


You can order books on my site:
http://ladyd.barefootbooks.com

Take off your shoes and go barefoot!
LadyD
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”