Indian Tales : Book : Barefoot Books

I had a very interesting day at the Fallbrook Farmer's Market on Friday. My new friends from India were selling beautiful handmade women's clothing! Last time I was telling you about the mother, son and grandmother from India who purchased "The Elephant Dance". So I decided to introduce Indian Tales to these fine folks. They are very kind, generous people who shared their lunch with me. In fact, they insisted that I taste their fresh food made daily with lots of wonderful spices... so delicious! Have you sampled Indian food before?

Indian Tales
A Barefoot Collection



Venture to a country that is bursting with color, life and contrasts in these lively folk tales. The eight stories in this anthology, each from a different Indian state, feature educational facts and information about the cultures from which they are chosen.



Ages 8 and up

Retold By: Shenaaz Nanji

Each story is about 10 pages long. One favorite story is Priya's Magic Bowl. The stories are well written and very educational. There are introductory pages that accompany each story that gives background information. This hardcover book is currently on sale for $14.99 You can order this book at my market place and also take advantage of the free shipping offer for the month of Sept.'09 with any order over $35.00 at:

http://ladyd.barefootbooks.com


Illustrated By: Christopher Corr
Colorful stories with great illustrations by Christopher Corr.

For more on Christopher Corr, visit:

http://barefootbooks-ladyd.blogspot.com/2009/04/review-whole-world-fun-eco-activities.html

On my barefoot journey, I have met many beautiful folks from other parts of the country. We really do live on a beautiful planet filled with many rich, diverse cultures with happy hearts wanting to share their stories with us. I hope you enjoy reading Indian Tales and learning information from their culture.

Happy reading,
~ LadyD


http://ladyd.barefootbooks.com

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Bookmark and Share





Stumble Upon Toolbar
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”