Barefoot Books North America: It's Good To Be Creative!


Barefoot Books Story!
Barefoot Books is a vibrant, grassroots community of people from around the world who are all 'living barefoot' in their own unique ways.

It's Good To Be Creative!

You can't use up creativity, creative thinking builds on itself and increases the creativity of the thinker...You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
~ Maya Angelou

"Don't let anyone rob you of your imagination, your creativity, or your curiosity. It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live."
~ Mae Jemison


So, I took my marching orders, and acted upon Angelou and Jemison's words. I headed over to the Farmer's Market last Friday. I had a successful time selling books, but most importantly, I met wonderful, delightful people who stopped by to talk with me about my books! I always enjoyed playing store with my toy cash register. You see, my Grandpa was a farmer and he owned a roadside cafe with an outdoor patio in the country.
It was a fun place for me to hang out on a hot summer's day and talk with all the local people who would stop by to purchase corn, a cool drink and maybe a toy for their children! Now I have my own store! Gee, this story sounds familiar, but on a much larger scale read about Barefoot Books own Nancy Traversy's store:


http://barefootbooks-ladyd.blogspot.com/2008/08/all-because-of-her-little-store.html


So, what types of books did I sell that day? Well, a little something for everyone. Boys like books about pirates and Dragons! And what's popular with the girls are books about princesses and horses!

Paperback with CD $15.99

Paperback with CD $16.99
To order books, visit my website:

http://www.mybarefootbooks.com/LadyD

So, my Barefoot Books journey has lead me to a new season at the local Farmer's Market, selling these beautiful books to folks who love to read children's books with marvelous illustrations, plus story time cds. Another cool experience I had was meeting a book editor in town that afternoon. Visit Lori Miller's site for paintings, stories and more:

http://www.drlorimiller.com


Hope to see you at the farmer's Market one day!
All the best,

~ LadyD


Bookmark and Share





Stumble Upon Toolbar
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”