Back To School: I'm a Little Teapot


Back To School: I'm a Little Teapot Songs l LadyDpiano

Are you getting ready to start a brand new school year? Yes, here in SoCal the children are attending class and learning about themselves and others. A fairly easy song to use and a familiar one at that, is a tune called "I'm a Little Teapot." Here are a few lyrics with chords to use in your classtoom.

First Day Of School


C                                   F          C
Good morning, Katie, how are you?
G7              C    G7              C
This is the very first day of school.

I'm so glad to meet you,
F                      C
Others will be too,
                             F
Just come in the classroom,
             C        G7          C
There's lots of things to do.

I Want to Say Hello


C                                   F      C
I am your new teacher, Mrs. Coyne,
G7           C        G7    C
I want to say hello to you.
C                                            F           C
We will learn our letters and numbers too,
                                G7          C
We'll have fun and learn lots too.

(Substitute your name for the name Mrs. Coyne)

I'm Ready


C                          F         C
I'm a little helper, look at me,
G7       C       G7     C
I'm as busy as I can be.
                                     F          C
I put away the toys as you can see,
                            F        G7      C
I'm ready for the circle, look at me.

Wiggles


C
Wiggles in my pockets
F              C
Get them out,
G7                    C
Wiggles in my socks
   G7               C
I wiggle them out
                                            F                  C
Wiggles and waggles and woggles and shouts,
                         F                    G7                 C
I'll waggle and woggle those wiggles right out!

Lots to See


C
Show and tell is great,
              F       C
There's lots to see.
      G7        C
It's fun for you,
              G7       C
And it's fun for me.
                                        F     C
Showing things to others is a joy,
                         G7         C
For every little girl and boy.

I'm a Little Excited


C                             F           C
I'm a little excited, ready to start,
G7              C           G7     C
Here is my toy, I'm in my spot.
                                  F         C
When I get a turn I'll tell all about,
                                      G7            C
How special my toy is inside and out.

I'm a Ready Listener


C                              F              C
I'm a ready listener, read me a book,
G7                 C              G7          C
Hands in my lap, at the teacher I look.
                                         F               C
When I get all ready the teacher will say,
                     F              G7                     C
"This is the story that I have for you today."

Snack Time


C                            F           C
It is time for us to have our snack,
G7            C             G7                  C
Please sit down and hands in your lap.
                                   F                C
Wait 'til everyone is served their food,
                          F                G7         C
Then eat your snack; yum, yum, it's good.

Seven Little Numbers


C                               F         C
Seven little numbers on my phone,
  G7               C              G7      C
I learn them together to call my home.
                                   F           C
Seven little numbers what are they?
                         F           G7           C
My telephone number I learned today.

(Have each child say his or her phone number at the end of the song.)

The Little Clock


C                             F        C
I'm a little clock up on the wall,
G7               C
Here is my big hand,
G7                C
Here is my small.

If you listen carefully,
F              C
You will hear,
                   F            G7       C
Tick tock, tick tock, in your ear.

Sweet Koulourakia : Barefoot Books LadyD


Greeks are famous for their hospitality and wanting to share some cookies to go with a cup of coffee or tea. Have you tried Sweet Koulourakia? There easy to make and your guests will love them, too.


Ingredients


1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
3 eggs (save 1 egg white for topping)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons baking powder
5 cups flour

Preparation


Cream the butter (at room temperature) and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Add the eggs, milk and vanilla beating all the whiie.

Sift flour, baking powder and salt into mixture and combine. Knead until well blended.

Shape each cookie. Place on oiled baking sheet, 2" apart, and glaze tops with beaten egg white. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

To shape:

Break off a small piece of dough. Roll between palms of hands or on cutting board to make a rope 4" long. Braid or coil it, or twist it to make a hairpin wreath, a figure "8" or a letter "S."

Enjoy!











 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” -- C. S. Lewis
© copyright 2008-2015 – All rights reserved
Barefoot Books-LadyD

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”