Back to School with Super Mario

Backpack for Kindergarten


Super Mario Backpack


My grandson was hoping to have a Super Mario Backpack for Kindergarten! Thank you Target, for supplying Ryan's needs. We are all pretty excited about the big doings. Oh, we chuckle amongst ourselves about how all summer long Ryan has been enjoying the pool, sleeping in and that the reality is just around the corner for him... getting up early! You see, back to school in our district begins Monday, August 12th... TODAY! It will be a very exciting day for our grandson from 8:00 to 2:15!

Photos for Blue Monday

photo edit of grandson's school backpack

Here's the same backpack and you can see how the color changes with an Orton effect, along with a paper texture. I kind of like it! Photo for Mandarin Orange Monday

Here's Ryan and his cousin, Flora (who is 3) in the classroom at 'Meet and greet the teacher' day. All last week it seemed like I was in heaven watching 3 of my grandchildren. That's why I missed you last week but hopefully I'll be catching up!

grandchildren meeting the kindergarten teacher

There's a few songs we like to sing about school that go with familiar tunes you've sung before.

We Like to Come to School
sung to: The farmer In the Dell

We like to come to school,
We like to come to school.
Our school is such a happy place,
We like to come to school.

I Like to Go to School
Sung to: The farmer In the Dell

I like to go to school,
I like to go to school.
Heigh-ho-the-derry-oh,
I like to go to school.

It's Time to Go to School
Sung to: She'll be Coming Round the Mountain

It is time to go to school, here we come,
It is time to go to school, here we come.
It is time to go to school,
We think school is pretty cool,
It is time to go to school, here we come.

I know I'll be taking lots of pictures at Ryan's school and afterwards. In my google search for photo templates, I found a plethora at Debbie's Living Montessori site, free-printables-for-first-day-of-school-photos. I'm sure I will find something great to use!


When is it happening where you are, you know... First Day of School?

Wishing all students everywhere a very happy, successful school year!

Love,







You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”