The Parrot Song

Beautiful blue parrot at the San Diego Safari Park

Orange flowers glowing in a bed of landscape at the Safari Park

man walking with green parrot on shoulder


Photos for Blue Monday and Mandarin Orange Monday

From a beautiful blue parrot perched atop a tree at the Safari Park, to a man walking about the Avocado Festival with a green parrot perched on his shoulder, and these lovely flowers amidst the park's landscape, it was a blue-ish orange weekend for me. Hope you have a great week ahead.

The Parrot Song

Now if I say something interesting
Or something really nice,
It's daft to only say it once
When I could say it twice.
But herein lies a problem,
And it really is quite sad,
'Cause if you go round repeating things
People think you're..... a parrot!
Chorus
I'm a parrot, I'm a parrot
I'm your closest friend.
I say the same things all day long
And drive you round the bend.
"Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!
Who's a pretty boy?"
Intelligent conversation
Is the one thing I enjoy.
If I were a parrot parrot
I'd fly round the garden garden
And I would live in the German town
Of Baden-Baden Baden-Baden.
I wouldn't live in Iceland
'Cause the frost and snow would freeze'ya
So in the winter I'd migrate
To sunny Polynesia.
If I were a parrot-policeman
I wouldn't say "'ello".
I'd say "'ello, 'ello, 'ello 'ello,
'ello, 'ello, 'ello."
And if I joined the army
Wouldn't it be super!
I couldn't join the Royal Marines,
I'd be a parrot-trooper.
Now if I were a parrot-parrot,
I'd live in Hong-Hong Kong-Kong.
I'd play tennis, I'd play tennis,
And also ping-ping pong-pong.
Yes, I'd repeat-repeat things,
So soon everyone would know
That the art of saying things just once
Is dead as a dodo-dodo!

Listen to the  Mp3 and there's also a version in French.


FIVE BIG PARROTS

Finger play by Mr. I
Five big parrots perched on a tree   Flapping their wings happily  One saw a jaguar on the forest floor            It flew away, and then there were four.
Four big parrots perched on a tree.  Flapping their wings happily . One saw the jaguar climbing up the tree.   So it flew away, and then there were three.
Three big parrots, perched on a tree.  Flapping their wings happily.   The jaguar kept creeping through the understory too.    One parrot flew away, and then there were two.
Two big parrots perched on a tree.  Flapping their wings happily.  The jaguar reached the canopy up close to the sun.   One parrot flew away, and then there was one.
ONe big parrot perched on a tree.  Flapping its wings up in the canopy. The jaguar leapt through the air with a great big pounce.  but the parrot flew away.   I wonder?   Do jaguars bounce?

I learned there are four types of parrots in South America from www.mrichildrensmusic.com

Do you have a local zoo or safari park where you live? I found these places to be a hit with my grandchildren, next to the ocean for outdoor play and adventure. The little ones seem to tire themselves out with all that walking about and then they're so ready for a nap!

I do remember owning birds when the children were little, like Finches and Parakeets. My husband had some Pigeons, too. Of course, we had our own chickens a very long time ago but we've never owned a parrot... how about you?

If you're looking for an inexpensive bird book, here's one that I like and it's available in Spanish, too.
These Folkmanis puppets are a delight for fun playtime as well.

The Parrot Tico Tango

red parrot hand puppet



The Parrot Tico Tango (A Barefoot Singalong)
Scarlet Macaw Hand Puppet
Folkmanis Mini Scarlet Macaw Finger Puppet

Happy Reading!






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”