|Rosemary from my garden.|
Happy Blue Monday! Visit our hostess at Smiling Sally
|Busy Bee working the succulent blossom.|
Mellow Yellow Monday is another great meme at http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/
|I love chicken dishes seasoned with rosemary!|
Roasted Vegetable Rosemary Chicken Soup
(Bev Jones, Brunswick, Missouri, Cooking Light JANUARY 2006)
- cup (1-inch) cubed carrot
- 1 cup (1-inch) cubed onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces celery
- 1 cup (1-inch) pieces red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth $
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
Preheat oven to 375°.Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; drizzle with oil, and toss well to coat. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan lined with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Combine water and next 5 ingredients (through chicken) in a large Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Add roasted vegetables; simmer 30 minutes. Bring soup to a boil. Add pasta; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
To have Rosemary Peasant Bread, along with homemade soup sounds yummy, too!
I did a post awhile back on Barefoot Books Kid's Kitchen. They offer a neat box of recipe cards for children, mostly vegan recipes, you can get here.
Do you have a favorite recipe that includes rosemary?
I would have to say, Duck Soup by Jackie Urbanovic, is one of my favorites! I posted a book review on my other blog and a recipe for a Greek soup recipe at LadyD Books.
i'm linking up with the following wonderful bloogers,
“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis