April is Poetry Month

April is poetry month!
Yes, the month is half over, but I wanted to share a few Barefoot Books that I recommend for reading this month... April is a great month! Earth Day, Turn off Your Television Week, National Poetry Month...

One of my favorite poems:
i carry your heart with me
by E. E. Cummings
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
* * *

I did a post on my favorite Barefoot Book "Classic Poems" awhile back.

http://barefootbooks-ladyd.blogspot.com/2009/02/classic-poems.html



I loved the illustrations so much that I used a spectacular picture, The Owl and the Pussycat, for another one of my book blog headers!



If you're interested in poetry, have a look at this wonderful book:



Introduced by Carol Ann Duffy and Compiled and Illustrated by: Jackie Morris


* To order Classic Poems

Click Here, Classic Poems

Reading Ralph Waldo Emerson's quote, "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."


* First Morning
Poems About Time




Compiled by: Nikki Siegen-Smith
Illustrated by: Giovanni Manna
Today I'm going yesterday as quickly as I can

A diverse range of poets have lent their voices to this collection, including Philip Larkin, Derek Walcott, Eleanor Farjeon and Carol Freeman. Each offers us a new and unexpected way of perceiving time, be it through the seasons, the cycle of life marked by anniversaries and personal milestones, or the simple comfort of daily rituals. The result is an inspiring compilation that will fill your head with new ideas about our collective journey through the minutes, hours, days and years of our lives. Giovanni Manna's sunny watercolor artwork adds a human dimension to the poems, introducing an enchanting cast of characters who capture a complexity of emotions.

First Morning contains works by the following poets:

John Agard
John Cunliffe
Eleanor Farjeon
Max Fatchen
Philip Larkin
Phyllis McGinley
Roger McGough
Derek Walcott

Recent praise:


"As a concept of both beginning and end, as endless and scarce, as ordinary and spectacular, and as something precious to be cherished, the notion of time is explored in this collection of poems by a rich variety of poets.... Siegen-Smith's latest anthology will nudge readers to ponder the meaning of time, and will give teachers and parents alike a means of helping children understand this difficult concept. Manna's watercolor-and-ink illustrations perfectly fit each poem, whether humorous, profound, sweet, or inspirational. The soft colors and details suggest mood and delightfully enhance the meaning inherent in the verse. A great collection to share with a child. And who knows - perhaps the time spent would be remembered as a special day worthy of its own poem." - Kirkus Reviews

Order Book

http://www.barefoot-books.com/us/site/pages/productone.php?ppid=529&useer_name=dianarogers&rep_code=US-1019232


Other Great Books for Poetry Month:


*Someone I Like
Poems About People




* Sun In Me
Poems About the Planet




Feel free to browse books on my site:

http://www.mybarefootbooks.com/LadyD











Stumble Upon Toolbar
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”