Turkey Day Poetry


tractor filled with pumpkins

I'm thankful for family and friends... for you, and pumpkin pie! I'll be lighting a candle and saying a little prayer for happiness around your table and for world peace. Photos for Blue Monday


Heap High the Board
Heap high the board with plenteous cheer,
And gather to the feast,
And toast the sturdy Pilgrim band
Whose courage never ceased.
Give praise to that All-Gracious One
By whom their steps were led,
And thanks unto the harvest's Lord
Who sends our daily bread.
Alice Williams Brotherton






candle lit


A Grateful Heart
Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
George Herbert


And singing a song, along with this pretty bird, of praise and thanksgiving on this special day... each and every day.

siaila mexicana

I'll be eating mostly vegetables while the family enjoys the turkey bird!

Turkey's on the Table
"When turkey's on the table laid,
And good things I may scan,
I'm thankful that I wasn't made
A vegetarian.
Edgar A. Guest






wooden turkey display

Photo Credit: Taliesin

If Turkeys Thought
If turkeys thought, they'd run away,
A week before Thanksgiving Day.
But turkeys can't anticipate,
And so there's turkey on my plate!
Jack Prelutsky

photo editing of turkey

Photo Editing: Light Trail Texture with Lomo effect

Photo for Mandarin Orange Monday

Funny Bird
A turkey is a funny bird,
Its head goes wobble, wobble,
All it knows is just one word,
"Gobble, gobble, gobble."
Author Unknown





Full Circle
The year has turned its circle,
The seasons come and go.
"The harvest all is gathered in
And chilly north winds blow.
Orchards have shared their treasures,
The fields, their yellow grain,
So open wide the doorway
Thanksgiving comes again!
Author Unknown


Happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating in the US, Canada and the Philippines!

Blessings,







 “You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” -- C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”