Grandparent's Day at School

flower bouquet on table

Photos for Blue Monday and Mandarin Orange Monday

GRANDMA'S FLOWERS
Each time I go to Grandma's place
To spend some summer hours,
She lets me pick a big bouquet
Of pretty garden flowers.
I've learned the names of almost all
The flowers Grandma grows:
Carnation, iris, pansy, phlox
Petunia, and rose.
The sweet pea is my favorite;
It has a lovely smell.
The flower Grandma likes the best
Is Canterbury bell.
I think my Grandma's wonderful
And hope that when I'm grown,
I'll have a "green thumb" just like hers
And flowers of my own.

~By Pauline S. Walker~



flower pot with yesterday effect

Basic Photo Edit: Yesterday

HDR photo edit

Photo Edit: HDR

Lomo effect to flower photo

Photo Edit: Lomo 

Weave Texture added to photo

Photo Edit: Light Weave Texture


photo edit with picmonkey

Photo Edit: Subtract

adding light and texture to photo

Photo Edit: Paint and Board Texture

school sign along the fence

Last Friday we celebrated Grandparent's Day at our grandson's elementary school. We were warmly greeted by this brightly colored sign!

classroom computers

Inside the Kindergarten classroom, I noticed "I Can" sight words on the window, along with these cool computers for school.

Kindergarten Classroom

Ryan is in a Bilingual class with 33 fellow classmates. He's learning so much  and we are very proud of him.

scissors cutting

We did an art project together. I traced his hands and Ryan wanted to cut them out. This is serious scissor's practice! Below you can see Ryan using the whiteboard for printing his letters.

writing on white board

Back inside the classroom, I was invited to come up front and tell a story about Ryan. Being a piano teacher and former kindergarten music teacher, it was easy to do. I mostly talked about all the lovely tomatoes in the garden and Ryan coming over to play the piano and the guitar with his grandpa. We ate lunch together and had a lovely time.

Hope your day of celebrating was special, too. Of course... everyday is grandparents day for me!






“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

“I love to read all your comments, thank you!”