Photos for Blue Monday and Mellow Yellow Monday
I went to the Del Mar Fair before the 4th of July. Not too crowded in the early a.m. hours. Of course, I spent lots of time with the arts and photography exhibits. I couldn't resist photo shots with animals. There was lots to see and hear. The sights and smells were exhilarating at the Fair. So much blue and yellow everywhere.
Do you have a favorite food that you just love to eat at the Fair?
Mine would be Gyros and Souvlaki.
Souvlaki is not difficult to make. This recipe calls for chunks of lamb. Beef or pork can also be used.
1. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
2. Marinate the meat in the olive-oil mixture for one hour in the refrigerator.
3. Thread the meat onto wood or metal skewers.
4. Grill the meat over an outdoor or indoor grill or in a broiler until it is brown inside and out. If using an indoor grill, use wood skewers that have been soaked in water.
5. Put the meat on plates and serve with tzatziki.
|Barefoot Books Singalong|
Driving My Tractor PB w CDEX (A Barefoot Singalong)
This is such a cool book. It's very popular where I live with all the ranchers, farmers and growers; a paperback book with cd for $9.99