Transportation

Blue Monday, photo credit: penywise 



My brother-in-law is a pilot. I remember when he first got his license, we went up for a ride. As the wind currents were very strong that day, the plane began to rock n' roll! He said, "No problem. I have everything under control." I knew he was sweating it and the landing was a bit rocky. All in all, I was indeed thankful for the experience, including a safe landing, but vowed not to go up again with a new pilot!

Citrus Label Collection

Our library displayed a collection of citrus labels. I took these two photos through framed glass. The reflection is challenging for photography but I enjoyed seeing so many lovely labels.

Display at our library


Blue Monday: Book Festival in So. California


For Book Sharing Monday, I chose:

Ages 1 to 4 years

I Wish I Were a Pilot

Wish your way through race car tracks, wavy seas and even star-filled space. Travelers of all sorts are featured in this imaginative book that includes educational notes about each of the modes of transportation featured in the rhyming text.
Written By: Stella Blackstone
"I wish I were a pilot, flying in the sky. I wish I were a balloonist, floating high, high, high."






Illustrated By: Max Grover

"There are many ways to travel- what would you choose? In this book you will meet all kinds of people, from cyclists to sailors..." Order online, here.









“You can’t get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.” — C. S. Lewis
Enhanced by Zemanta